Wednesday, July 9, 2014

A Phone Clutch Bag (for me!)

Sometimes I get a pattern just because it catches my eye and it takes me a while to get around to actually MAKING whatever it is.  Not really too long on this one as it looked like it would be a quick little project.

I bought the pattern here: Sew Thankful - I've also purchased quilting thread from them in the past and am happy to recommend them!

I decided late one evening to begin this little project for myself and hunted up some left-over fabrics to use as well as a random zipper from the stash I keep on hand.  The pattern called for using a 9" zipper (cut down) but since the size I made (middle one) didn't need one that long, I used a 7" one I had hanging around.

The fabric is all 100% cotton quilting fabric and I used the fusible fleece and interfacing I had on hand (no idea what brands).  It came together fairly quickly and after one small alteration of direction on my outside pocket (because I accidentally reversed the dimensions on the pieced panel) and the alteration on the strap (I didn't have a swivel clasp), it only took a few hours to complete and I'm pleased with the result.



Two outside pockets and 3 inside (2 for cash/cards & 1 little one for a lip balm)

In looking at these photos I suddenly realized that I have fabric from 3 projects represented here - one quilt and 2 different table runners. Gotta love not wasting the scraps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment